Can Developing Love and Compassion for Others Give Us the Strength We Need to Cope with Our Problems?

Can Developing Love and Compassion for Others Give Us the Strength We Need to Cope with Our Problems?

Question by .: Can developing love and compassion for others give us the strength we need to cope with our problems?
Do you agree with the Dalai Lama?

“The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being becomes. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. This helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the ultimate source of success in life.”

Source: http://www.dalailama.com/messages/compassion

Share your experience if you wish.

Best answer:

Answer by No Chance Without Jesus
I will cast my cares upon Jesus and move forward knowing God has my back, that way I can cope with other peoples problems

Answer by Respectfully Yours
(Matthew 7:12) “All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.

(Proverbs 11:25) . . .The generous soul will itself be made fat, and the one freely watering [others] will himself also be freely watered.

(Acts 20:35) . . .‘There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.’”

Answer by quartering25 go jets
I have to love myself, before I can love others.

Answer by Sue123
It seems to me that this thesis is a nice wish. The Dalai Lama means well and probably has had to work through pressures in his own life in terms of how he treats people and deals not only with injustices which happen personally to him but also injustice on a larger scale as the history of his position of leadership of a group of people is connected with treatment by the Chinese Government. That all being said I have found through practical experience that wishing myself kind, being an “actor” when people mistreat me (acting as though I like them or their mistreatment bothers me not at all) is completely ineffective. I may act one way on the outside…but inside I am steaming with anger at the injustice. I have learned that only when there is a major transformation inside of me can I truly act with integrity. I am only just learning this…there’s been a handful of occasions when I’ve responded with kindness when I normally would have been “spitting nails”. However, this transformation happens not by my acting but by spiritual power much stronger than my own abilities.

Answer by Raldy
I do agree with that statement. I’m not sure if it’s the ultimate source of success in life, but it is definitely one of them. It helps us cultivate empathy. I think it helps us become more understanding of others. In turn, we begin to see our own problems, not so much as heavy and unbearable, but bearable and endurable. Looking at others problems or their achievements helps take the focus off of ourselves. It really helps us develop a love of our fellow man and if everyone strives to do this then there would be a lot less hatred, enmity, depression and sadness. Don’t you think? :) When we see others sufferings, especially in other countries, it definitely gives us the strength we need to endure our problems.

Give your answer to this question below!


 by Coby   59 days in the top 100  (217)  Buy new: $  109.99  $  74.99  27 used & new from $  69.04

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Resistive Touchscreen, Black MID7034-4

by Coby Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours 59 days in the top 100 3.0 out of 5 stars(217) Buy new: $ 109.99 $ 74.99 27 used & new from $ 69.04



 by Samsung   73 days in the top 100  (533)  Buy new:  $  327.85  45 used & new from $  249.00

Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, 11.6-Inch)

by Samsung 73 days in the top 100 4.1 out of 5 stars(533) Buy new: $ 327.85 45 used & new from $ 249.00


Blog Archive